The New Glasgow Veterinary Clinic was originally opened by Dr. Allan MacKay in 1941. Dr. Allan was always an active supporter of farm organizations and agricultural exhibits and in 1992 he was inducted into the Atlantic Agriculture Hall of Fame. Dr. Bruce Robb took over the clinic in 1988 and Dr. MacKay retired the following year. In 2005, Dr. Robb designed the spacious clinic that exists today with the help of his son and by studying architectural plans of veterinary clinics he bought from the US.
The clinic has expanded in staff numbers over the years but is still a spacious facility. Dr. Robb retired in 2021 and the practice is now managed by Dr. Dawn Daling along with associates Dr. Megan Baird and Dr. Jaimie Linthorne. The practice meets the needs of small animal owners as well as equine owners in the area.